Who We’re Looking for
We are currently looking for a Senior Medical Specialist to join our pharmaceutical marketing team. This role will focus on strategy development and content creation for our pharmaceutical clients to help them drive product adoption and educate consumers, patients, and healthcare providers. As a Senior Medical Specialist, you will be a key member of the Operatic Pharma Team and will play a leadership role in supporting our clients and their respective brand needs. We are looking for an individual with a history of strong customer service, strategic expertise, and effective/compliant medical copywriting. You will support strategic planning and content creation for new product launches, identify new business opportunities within current brands and support the execution of multi-faceted medical education programs. You will also act as a mentor for junior Medical team members by sharing insights, fostering collaboration, and instilling best practices. Strong communication, problem-solving, organization, and writing skills will be critical for success in this role.
The Skills You Bring to The Stage
- Solid application of critical and strategic thinking
- Strong organization, detail, and prioritization skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain insights/strategic recommendations while providing a rationale
- Passion for continuous learning
- Established track record of mentoring and building up junior staff
- A focus on bringing value to relationships with clients and teammates
- French is an asset but not required
The Experience You Have
- 3–5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Adept at medical content research, distillation, and copywriting
- Mandatory expertise and experience within the Canadian Regulatory environment (PAAB, ASC)
- Familiarity with the Veeva ecosystem (PromoMats, CRM)
- Proficiency in the Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) suites
The Work You Will Do
- Providing strategic direction to internal and external teams and guiding the development of innovative solutions to solve brand, market, and regulatory challenges.
- Copywriting and content creation (physical and digital media with a variety of audience types)
- Management of Medical, Regulatory and Compliance reviews, including Health Authority submissions and negotiations
KOL engagement and liaising
- CME development (accredited and unaccredited initiatives)
The Values You’ll Align With
- You are committed: You believe in bringing our unique vision to life. You challenge norms, push boundaries and will persevere through the learning curve we’ll face while building a challenger agency and legacy together.
- You are curious: You believe in continuous growth and have an insatiable drive for “better”. Better knowledge, better methods, better skills and ultimately, better results.
- You are conscientious: You believe in being relentlessly accountable for market-leading and detail-oriented work, which makes us proud to be part of Operatic.
- You put “we before me”: You believe in giving more than you take and setting your clients and teammates up for success – players can win a game, but a team wins championships.
What You Get
- Flexible work-from-home policy where you are only required to come into the office once a week
- Competitive salary & vacation
- Outstanding benefits
- Opportunities for training and career growth
- Beautifully designed office
- All-staff development days focused on learning and company updates
- Rapidly growing, market-leading agency without Toronto traffic
- All the (great) coffee you can drink
- Building one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, according to the Globe and Mail and Maclean’s
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Operatic is committed to creating an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will have the same opportunity for employment without discrimination in regards to race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want To Learn More About Your Potential Fit?