Who We’re Looking for
We are looking for a Medical Manager or Associate Medical Director to join our pharmaceutical marketing team. Applicants will be considered for the Medical Manager or Associate Medical Director role based on their experience and competencies.
This role will focus on providing strategic medical and tactical direction to support our pharmaceutical clients by driving brand recognition and adoption through educating consumers, patients, and healthcare providers. As a Medical Manager or Associate Medical Director, you will be a key member of the Operatic Pharma Leadership Team and have an integral role in supporting our clients and their respective brand needs. We seek an individual with a history of solid customer service, strategic expertise, and impactful and compliant medical copywriting. You will support strategic planning and content creation for new product launches, identify new business opportunities within current brands, and support the execution of multi-faceted medical education programs.
Mentoring direct reports, upholding process, and working with a high degree of emotional intelligence are essential competencies for this role. As with any role, strong communication, problem-solving, organization, and writing skills will be critical for success.
The Skills You Bring to The Stage
- Confidence serving as a scientific advisor across a variety of therapeutic areas, synthesizing complex product and market information, and distilling insights into meaningful actionable strategic recommendations
- Expertise in the development of strategic medical content for different initiatives including product launches, tactics sessions, and needs assessment
- Strategic decision-making with comfort multi-tasking and thinking on your feet
- Strong organization, detail, and prioritization skills\
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that allow you to develop compelling, evidence-based scientific narratives
- Passion for continuous learning
- Process-driven attitude
- Established track record of mentoring and training junior and senior staff
- A focus on bringing value to relationships with clients and teammates
- Compassionate, team-first mentality
- French is an asset but not required
The Experience You Have
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Expertise in medical content research, distillation, and copywriting
- Expertise and experience within the Canadian Regulatory environment (PAAB, ASC)
- Expertise with the Veeva ecosystem (PromoMats, CRM)
- Proficiency in the Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) suites
- Success in relationship-building with mentees or junior staff (in the pharmaceutical industry)
- Working in a team to prepare RFPs and presenting subsequent pitches an asset, but not required
The Work You Will Do
- Providing strategic direction to internal and external teams and guiding the development of innovative solutions to solve brand, market, and regulatory challenges.
- Copywriting and content creation (physical and digital media with a variety of audience types)
- Management of Medical, Regulatory and Compliance reviews, including Health Authority submissions and negotiations
- KOL engagement and liaising
- CME development (accredited and unaccredited initiatives)
- Management of direct reports (i.e., training, confidence building, review of work, and skill building)
- Process development and implementation
The Values You’ll Align With
- You are committed: You believe in bringing our unique vision to life. You challenge norms, push boundaries and will persevere through the learning curve we’ll face while building a challenger agency and legacy together.
- You are curious: You believe in continuous growth and have an insatiable drive for “better”. Better knowledge, better methods, better skills and ultimately, better results.
- You are conscientious: You believe in being relentlessly accountable for market-leading and detail-oriented work, which makes us proud to be part of Operatic.
- You put “we before me”: You believe in giving more than you take and setting your clients and teammates up for success – players can win a game, but a team wins championships.
What You Get
- Flexible work-from-home policy where you are only required to come into the office once a week
- Competitive salary & vacation
- Outstanding benefits
- Opportunities for training and career growth
- Beautifully designed office
- All-staff development days focused on learning and company updates
- Rapidly growing, market-leading agency without Toronto traffic
- All the (great) coffee you can drink
- Building one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, according to the Globe and Mail and Maclean’s
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Operatic is committed to creating an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will have the same opportunity for employment without discrimination in regards to race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want To Learn More About Your Potential Fit?