Who We’re Looking for
We’re currently seeking out a talented and experienced Sr. Social Media & Digital Content Strategist to join our ambitious and growing creative team. You will play a pivotal role in developing social media, email marketing and digital content strategies and oversee the creative ideation and production of content for various platforms and channels across our client base. You will lead a team of social media specialists and work closely with creative leadership, art directors, brand strategists, designers, developers, copywriters, videographers, data analysts, project managers, and account managers, all focused on delivering exceptional experiences for our clients.
Who You Are
You’re someone who lives and breathes social media and is up-to-date with the latest platforms and content formats. You’re an exceptional copywriter who knows how to craft punchy, compelling copy that catches attention and helps clients build and sell their brand. You have a keen eye for design and are comfortable working with designers and video editors to bring creative ideas to life visually. You’re not afraid to push forward with new concepts and ideas; you thrive outside of your comfort zone and are multidisciplinary in your creative approach. You’re also keen to create products, experiences, and brands that people love and connect with. If this sounds like you, then this is your chance to work with a highly-skilled team on challenging projects for a growing roster of clients.
Aside from project work, you’ll be joining a great company entering a new stage of growth, with multiple opportunities for career advancement. You’ll be part of a team who are deeply passionate about their work and who constantly strive to be the best at it.
The Skills You’ll Bring To The Table
- Strong writing skills that range from concise, punchy social media copy to promotional emails and video scripts to written strategies for clients.
- Expertise in content planning including the development of editorial and content calendars.
- In-depth knowledge of current social media and email marketing platforms, content formats, functionality and the latest trends.
- Expertise in developing social media and email marketing strategies that include audience identification, content planning, creative concepts, best practices and research.
- Experience creating organic and paid social media content and producing creative ideas for multi-channel marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Understanding of content guidelines, regulations and best practices across social and email platforms.
- Expertise in community management and moderation including best practices for managing issues and audience relationships.
- Technical design and video editing skills are a bonus but not a requirement; you must at the very least be able to develop creative ideas for visual content and be comfortable working with the design team to bring it to life.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the creative team to ideate on and create on-brief, thought-provoking content and produce coherent, effective and engaging creative experiences.
- Willingness to receive feedback constructively and provide it with radical candour and champion creative thinking and problem-solving throughout the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate and visualize your ideas; strong presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage your own day-to-day workload well while tracking project time accurately and overseeing work from your team.
The Experience You Have
- 7+ years of professional experience in social media and digital content, preferably within a creative agency or startup (experienced freelancers are welcome to apply too)
- A versatile and impressive portfolio of thoughtful and innovative social media and email marketing campaigns
- Expertise in analyzing and presenting analytics and performance reports
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Google Workspace
- Experience with social media and email marketing platforms
- Real passion and curiosity for digital marketing and content creation
- Experience interpreting and challenging creative briefs
- Incredible attention to detail, delivering extremely polished, client-ready work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; can write a strong rationale and present it eloquently to clients
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Leadership experience and qualities; ability to mentor and guide team members, provide constructive feedback and sign-off on work before it goes to clients
- Experience placing paid social media ads a bonus
- Video and/or animation experience a bonus
The Values You’ll Align With
- You are committed: You believe in bringing our unique vision to life. You challenge norms, push boundaries and will persevere through the learning curve we’ll face while building a leading agency and legacy together.
- You are curious: You believe in continuous growth and have an insatiable drive for “better”. Better knowledge, better methods, better skills and ultimately, better results.
- You are conscientious: You believe in being relentlessly accountable for market-leading and detail-oriented work, which makes us proud to be part of Operatic.
- You put “we before me”: You believe in giving more than you take and setting your clients and teammates up for success – players can win a game, but a team wins championships.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive salary & paid time off
- Outstanding benefits
- Opportunities for training (on and offsite) and career growth
- MacBook Pro and an arsenal of photographic/video production tools
- Beautifully designed and inspiring office
- All-staff development focused on learning and company updates
- Rapidly growing, market-leading agency without Toronto traffic
- All the (great) coffee you can drink
- Building one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies (as seen in The Globe & Mail and MacLean’s)
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Operatic is committed to creating an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will have the same opportunity for employment without discrimination in regards to race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want To Learn More About Your Potential Fit?