Who We’re Looking For
Operatic Agency is seeking a Sr. SEO Strategist who will be responsible for the planning, execution, and optimization of our clients’ SEO programs. Successful candidates will have a passion for SEO, with hands-on experience strategizing and executing SEO tactics for clients across multiple industries – with a track record of proven results. They will also bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mentality to the role, which will be essential to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
The Skills & Experience You’ll Bring To The Stage
- Solid application of critical and strategic thinking
- Strong organization, detail orientation and prioritization
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to explain insights/strategic recommendations while providing a rationale
- Passion for continuous learning
- A focus on bringing value to relationships with clients and teammates
The Experience You Have
- 5+ years of hands-on experience successfully creating & executing performance-focused SEO programs (multi-client/agency experience an asset)
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEO best practices, including both on-page and off-page tactics
- Ability to assess current SEO performance gaps and build a strategy/program to close those gaps, delivering exceptional results for our clients
- Ability to strategically assess new opportunities and make data-driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
- Hands-on experience with SEO specific reporting and optimization tools such as Google Analytics, Moz, Ahrefs, semrush, etc.
Your Day To Day
- Shepherd the “SEO-first” mentality across the agency, incorporating organic search philosophy, attributes, and optimization opportunities at all stages of content creation and technical implementations
- Work with business development & marketing teams to build & pitch SEO strategies
- Ensure all client SEO deliverables are implemented on time, on budget, and delivering positive results
- Operate as an extension of the content and creative teams to provide recommendations and implement strategies in coordination with SEO goals
- Prioritize and translate technical recommendations to the development team and communicate progress.
- Conduct ad hoc SEO audits as needed, including measuring keyword positions, search volume and overall site visibility and ranking using defined SEO tools (Google Search Console, WebCEO)
- Conduct SEO training sessions (content creators, writers, developers, etc.) as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for any client SEO programs
- Effectively balance the ‘art and science’ of SEO to align brand and business strategies with performance and optimization goals
- Manage internal teams to set priorities and drive on-site optimization.
- Oversight and management of all SEO resources as applicable to technical/site architecture attributes, content optimization, link acquisition/management and mobile presence
- Keep pace with SEO and digital marketing industry trends and developments
The Values You’ll Align With
- You are committed: You believe in bringing our unique vision to life. You challenge norms, push boundaries and will persevere through the learning curve we’ll face while building a challenger agency and legacy together.
- You are curious: You believe in continuous growth and have an insatiable drive for “better”. Better knowledge, better methods, better skills and ultimately, better results.
- You are conscientious: You believe in being relentlessly accountable for market-leading and detail-oriented work, which makes us proud to be part of Operatic.
- You put “we before me”: You believe in giving more than you take and setting your clients and teammates up for success – players can win a game, but a team wins championships.
What This Means For You
- An opportunity to be part of building one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies (Globe & Mail)
- Competitive salary & vacation
- Outstanding benefits
- Opportunities for training (on and offsite) and career growth
- Laptop and an arsenal of tools
- Beautifully designed and inspiring office
- All-staff development days focused on learning and company updates
- Rapidly growing, a market-leading agency without Toronto traffic
- All the (great) coffee you can drink
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Operatic is committed to creating an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will have the same opportunity for employment without discrimination in regards to race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want To Learn More About Your Potential Fit?