Who We’re Looking For
Operatic Agency is seeking a Sr. Paid Social Media Strategist who will be responsible for the planning, execution, and optimization of our clients’ campaigns within social media channels.
These campaigns support a variety of business initiatives for our clients, with objectives ranging from brand awareness to lead acquisition. Successful candidates will have a passion for social media, and experience scaling campaigns across all major platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc). They will also bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mentality to the role, which will be essential to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
The Skills & Experience You’ll Bring To The Stage
- Solid application of critical and strategic thinking
- Strong organization, detail orientation and prioritization
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to explain insights/strategic recommendations while providing a rationale
- Passion for continuous learning
- A focus on bringing value to relationships with clients and teammates
The Experience You Have
- 5+ years of hands-on experience successfully executing advertising campaigns on social media platforms (multi-client/agency experience an asset)
- Comprehensive in-platform knowledge of paid social buying, audience creation, campaign management and in-dash optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of 3rd party tracking technologies and the ability to ensure all campaign results are measurable
- Ability to strategically assess new opportunities and make data-driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
Your Day To Day
- Lead channel strategy, campaign structure, optimizations, and ad content (including strategic recommendations on creative content and messaging)
- Provide ongoing training, feedback, and coaching to direct reports in order to improve individual as well as team development
- Compile education collateral and lead internal sessions on latest paid media trends and advancements
- Optimize budget across platforms & placements to deliver positive return on marketing spend
- Develop and test new audience segments (i.e. retargeting, lookalikes, custom audiences, etc.)
- Support ongoing creative and landing page experimentation and testing
- Recommend new paid media tactics, concepts, and approaches to inform broader marketing strategy
- Collaborate cross-channel, with larger paid media team, to align on performance trends to ensure holistic team success
- Prepare regular reports on campaign performance, along with meaningful insights and recommendations
The Values You’ll Align With
- You are committed: You believe in bringing our unique vision to life. You challenge norms, push boundaries and will persevere through the learning curve we’ll face while building a challenger agency and legacy together.
- You are curious: You believe in continuous growth and have an insatiable drive for “better”. Better knowledge, better methods, better skills and ultimately, better results.
- You are conscientious: You believe in being relentlessly accountable for market-leading and detail-oriented work, which makes us proud to be part of Operatic.
- You put “we before me”: You believe in giving more than you take and setting your clients and teammates up for success – players can win a game, but a team wins championships.
What This Means For You
- An opportunity to be part of building one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies (Globe & Mail)
- Competitive salary & vacation
- Outstanding benefits
- Opportunities for training (on and offsite) and career growth
- Laptop and an arsenal of tools
- Beautifully designed and inspiring office
- All-staff development days focused on learning and company updates
- Rapidly growing, a market-leading agency without Toronto traffic
- All the (great) coffee you can drink
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Operatic is committed to creating an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will have the same opportunity for employment without discrimination in regards to race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want To Learn More About Your Potential Fit?