Who We’re Looking for
We are currently seeking out a talented and experienced Visual Designer (with some solid UX design chops) to join our ambitious and talented creative team. From the ideation to the final product, you will conceptualize and produce high-quality creative executions, craft intelligent and responsive UX and UI for websites, as well as digital marketing material such as Google Display Ads. You will work closely with other designers, developers, writers, videographers, data analysts, project managers, and account managers, all focused on delivering exceptional experiences for our clients.
Who You Are:
You are someone who is not afraid to push forward with new concepts and ideas; one who thrives outside of their comfort zone and is multidisciplinary in their creative approach. You are also keen to create products, experiences, and brands that people love and connect with. If this sounds like you, then this is your chance to work with a highly-skilled team on challenging projects for an ever-growing roster of inspired clients.
Aside from project work, you’ll be joining a great company entering a new stage of growth, with multiple opportunities for career advancement. You’ll be part of a team who are deeply passionate about their work and who constantly strive to be the best at it.
The Skills You Bring To The Stage
- Envision and produce creative assets to appropriately portray a brand’s expression
- Design brand identities based on the client’s goals and positioning (logos, illustrations, and other supporting brand elements)
- Design fully responsive websites with a mobile-first mindset using the latest trends in both UX and UI
- Work closely with other members of the creative team to ideate and design on-brief, thought-provoking advertisements
- Produce coherent, effective and beautiful creative experiences
- Demonstrate your ideas using prototypes when applicable
- Collaborate with the team to plan, design easy-to-use and elegant digital solutions
- Challenge briefs and seek the best solutions to achieve the desired outcome for both the end user/audience and clients
- Receive feedback constructively and provide it with radical candour
- Manage your own day-to-day workload well while tracking project time accurately
- Define app-flows through user-centric design research methods
- Production of all design assets for the development and marketing teams
- Support designs with interaction concepts and animations for executions such as Google Display Ads.
- Champion design thinking and creative problem-solving throughout the organization
The Experience You Have
- 5+ years of professional creative experience, preferably within a creative agency or startup (experienced freelancers are welcome to apply too)
- A versatile and impressive portfolio of thoughtful and delightful marketing design solutions
- Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Google Workspace
- Real passion and curiosity for design and all things brand development
- Experience interpreting and challenging creative briefs
- Incredible attention to detail, delivering polished, client-ready work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; can write a strong rationale and present it eloquently to clients
- Experience working in an fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of user-centered design
- Strong team focus that values group success over personal success
- Video and/or animation experience a serious bonus
- Familiar with AODA compliance
- Understanding of HTML & CSS also a bonus
The Values You’ll Align With
- You are committed: You believe in bringing our unique vision to life. You challenge norms, push boundaries and will persevere through the learning curve we’ll face while building a challenger agency and legacy together.
- You are curious: You believe in continuous growth and have an insatiable drive for “better”. Better knowledge, better methods, better skills and ultimately, better results.
- You are conscientious: You believe in being relentlessly accountable for market-leading and detail-oriented work, which makes us proud to be part of Operatic.
- You put “we before me”: You believe in giving more than you take and setting your clients and teammates up for success – players can win a game, but a team wins championships.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive salary & vacation
- Outstanding Benefits
- Opportunities for training (on and offsite) and career growth
- MacBook Pro and the software/tools you need
- Beautifully designed and inspiring office
- All-staff development days focused on learning and company updates
- Rapidly growing, market-leading agency without Toronto traffic
- All the (great) coffee you can drink
- Building one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies according to the Globe and Mail and Maclean’s
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Operatic is committed to creating an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will have the same opportunity for employment without discrimination in regards to race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want To Learn More About Your Potential Fit?