Who You Are
You are someone who is not afraid to lead the development of B2C and B2B brand strategies. You will partner closely with a wide array of disciplines including creative, performance marketing strategists, data analysts, technology experts and more to bring fully integrated, multi-channel marketing strategies to life through data-driven customer journeys and tactical strategies that drive performance. You will play a senior role in the marketing strategy department to build and shape brand experiences that deliver growth in the short and long term.
- You have a strong foundation in brand strategy and can conceptualize the customer journey in any medium that’s required; website, search ad, print ad, billboard or even video and beyond.
- You can articulate the value of brand strategy as it aligns with business strategy and goals
- You understand our clients’ opportunities (and risks) and address them in a manner that leads to positive outcomes. You seek to understand the customer – their motivations, preferences and journey that leads to brand adoption and loyalty and business results.
- You have a strong understanding of consumer data and a working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge.
- You are an abstract thinker at heart and are skilled at uncovering insights about a consumer, a brand, or a category and staying on top of emerging trends which you use as the basis for your work.
- You are not opposed to leading by doing – we all wear the hats that need wearing and you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves in an ego-free environment.
- You view data as information to guide and support your thinking. You work closely with the analytics teams to ensure that measurement frameworks and data will inform optimization and growth for your client strategies.
- Lead – Work with clients and internal teams to simplify complex marketing messages into compelling brand-driven storylines that are data driven and align with audience needs. Work towards establishing a trusted advisor relationship as the client’s brand steward. Participate in mentoring the cross-functional team to develop their brand and business thinking.
- Facilitate – Design and run workshops designed to drive fresh thinking about brands and their positioning that springboard to creativity and innovation.
- Inspire – Collaborate and form meaningful relationships with the agency’s creative, data and account management teams to inspire ambitious thinking throughout the process. Use your experience and knowledge of industry trends and perspectives, changing consumer relationships with categories and brands to inspire and motivate the team.
- Execute – You will oversee the team responsible for delivering every component of the marketing strategy, ensuring we deliver a quality product/service on time and on budget. You will be required to hold team members accountable for client performance and upholding our company values.
- Evolve – You will continually look for ways to evolve and enhance our offering as it pertains to brand & marketing strategy.
The Experience You Have
- 6+ years of relevant brand & marketing experience; creative/digital/media agency experience an asset.
- Proven history in digital marketing, CRM and brand strategy
- A deep understanding of digital media tactics, including but not limited to: Analytics, SEM, SMM, Digital Media Planning/Buying, SEO.
- Curiosity and passion for brands and the craft of building them.
- Experience working with consumer data and a working knowledge of how to apply them to a given client challenge.
- Experience uncovering fresh insights, including crafting and presenting compelling points of view to support recommendations to clients and partners.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across agency teams and with clients.
- The ability to craft and deliver meaningful reports, going beyond the data to deliver true insights and recommendations.
- Experience managing & mentoring a multi-disciplinary team of marketing professionals and SMEs.
- A strong desire to be part of a rapidly growing team and contribute to the success of the agency.
The Values You’ll Align With
- You are committed: You believe in bringing our unique vision to life. You challenge norms, push boundaries and will persevere through the learning curve we’ll face while building a challenger agency and legacy together.
- You are curious: You believe in continuous growth and have an insatiable drive for “better”. Better knowledge, better methods, better skills and ultimately, better results.
- You are conscientious: You believe in being relentlessly accountable for market-leading and detail-oriented work, which makes us proud to be part of Operatic.
- You put “we before me”: You believe in giving more than you take and setting your clients and teammates up for success – players can win a game, but a team wins championships.
What This Means For You
- An opportunity to be part of building one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies (Globe & Mail)
- Competitive salary & vacation
- Outstanding benefits
- Opportunities for training (on and offsite) and career growth
- Laptop and an arsenal of tools
- Beautifully designed and inspiring office
- All-staff development days focused on learning and company updates
- Rapidly growing, a market-leading agency without Toronto traffic
- All the (great) coffee you can drink
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Operatic is committed to creating an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will have the same opportunity for employment without discrimination in regards to race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want To Learn More About Your Potential Fit?